Ramadan Around The World Book
Ramadan Around The World covers how children from various cultures around the world celebrate Ramadan. The purpose of this book is to illustrate the diversity of the Muslim community around the world. Children of various nationalities, abilities and disabilities are represented throughout the book. Also, families of diverse sizes and demographics have been equally represented. The book is narrated by the Ramadan moon who takes the reader around the world to visit children as they observe Ramadan.
As the moon visits each country, a wide range of cultural customs, dishes, traditional wear and key Ramadan spiritual practices are introduced to the reader. The young reader will be swept away with the bright colors and relatable content and also enjoy this journey of travel, discovery and learning.
It is a book that can be enjoyed by children as young as one and as old as 11 as each child will notice something that speaks to them or teaches them something new. Toddlers will love the illustrations that depict people and food; preschoolers will enjoy making connections to it; young readers will be excited to read this on their own; elementary school kids will gain an insight into the different architecture and environment on each page; and, older readers will be delighted to learn that the Muslim world they are a part of spreads to all the ends of the earth.
WHY RAMADAN AROUND THE WORLD?
- Teaches children about people, cultures and countries across the world
- Focuses on inclusion and acceptance of diverse abilities, disabilities and family types e.g. single mother, raised by grandparents, two-parent homes, etc.
- Highlights key Ramadan vocabulary
- Vibrant and fun illustrated spreads that are easy to follow
- Includes a map for kids and info for educators on Ramadan
34 in stock